Work history - film
// Ilion Animation Studios
Senior Rigging TD . August 2018 / February 2019 . Madrid, Spain
Rigging Lead . July 2017 / August 2018 . London, UK
// Aronnax Animation Studios
Rigging Supervisor . January 2016 / June 2017 . Lima, Peru
// Walking The Dog
Rigging TD . June 2015 / September 2015 . Brussels, Belgium
// Moetion Films
Animation Technical Director . December 2013 / July 2014 . Galway, Ireland
Rigging Artist . April 2012 / June 2013 . Buenos Aires, Argentina
DEMO reel (2017)
- 0:04 Condorito - Rigging Supervisor // In charge of creating character and prop rigs. Development of the modular autorig system and rigging pipeline used in production. Supervision of the rigging team. Programming of various pipeline tools in Python. Character rig features include: Bendable joint chains with IK/FK snapping and blending, squash/stretch with volume conservation, embedded dynamics for feathers and hair, procedural animation for tentacles, head/hand/feet/global scaling, character picker. Facial setup based on blendshapes and head joints, includes wire deformers, sticky joints, squash/stretch and lattice controls. Streamlined UIs for the creation of facial blendshapes, picker layouts, low poly rigs and corrective body blendshapes.
- 2:17 Tentacle procedural animation and dynamics // Development of modules for procedural animation in characters with tentacles. The system takes the IK/FK animation of the tentacles and the displacement speed as a base and generates displacement motion that can be adjusted and tweaked by the animator. The tentacles react to the environment providing friction with the floor, momentum, and bounces.
- 2:40 Extra character creator // Development of a tool for streamlining the creation of extra characters. Allows for interchangable geometry, adjustment of arm and leg length and width, spine length, body proportions, and facial variation based on blendshapes and joints.
- 3:40 Previous film work
- Richard the Stork - Rigging artist
- Two By Two (a.k.a "All Creatures Big And Small") - Animation T.D., development of tools and technical assistance for the animation team
- Metegol (a.k.a "Foosball", "Futbolín") - Rigging artist, Skinfix T.D., corrective sculpting